Muga Selección Especial Reserva is a great red wine. A classic of the D.O. The Rioja. It is made by Bodegas Muga in Haro, one of the populations with more concentration of wineries around the world.
Case of 2 Bottles Marqués de Riscal Reserva 2016 0,75cl
The Marqués de Riscal Reserves are basically made from grapes from Tempranillo variety vines planted before the 1970s, located in the best calcareous clay soils of the Rioja Alavesa.
The Marqués de Riscal Reserves are basically made from grapes from Tempranillo variety vines planted before the 1970s, located in the best calcareous clay soils of the Rioja Alavesa. This variety supports aging in wood and aging in the bottle well thanks to its good acid balance and its fine tannicity. The Graciano and Mazuelo varieties, whose percentage in the mixture does not exceed 10%, provide freshness and liveliness of color. Fermentation takes place at a controlled temperature of 26ºC with a maceration time that does not exceed 12 days. The Riscal reserves remain for approximately two years in American oak barrels, configuring a wine that falls within the canons of Riojan classicism, fresh, fine, elegant and with great aging potential. Before going to the market, it has a minimum period of refinement in the bottle of one year.
Fairly covered cherry-colored wine. Balsamic and spicy aroma of great complexity, with notes of ripe black fruit and lightly toasted. In the mouth it has good structure, it is tasty, dense and with round and elegant tannins. The finish is long and fresh, with a slight hint of oak wood
- Grape Variety: Tempranillo / Graciano
- Harmony: This wine pairs well with ham, not very mature cheeses, stews with not very spicy sauces, cooked or stewed vegetables, poultry, red meat, grilled meats and roasts.
- Serving temperature: between 16º and 18ºC
- Marqués de Riscal Reserva 2015: Asia Wine Awards 2015
- Marqués de Riscal Reserva 2014: 93 points at the TIM ATKIN 2018 Awards
- Marqués de Riscal Reserva 2013: 94 points in the 2018 GOURMETS WINE GUIDE awards
- Marqués de Riscal Reserva 2013: 88 points in the 2018 ANUARIO DE VINOS EL PAÍS awards
- Marqués de Riscal Reserva 2013: Gold medal at the MUNDUS VINI awards
- Marqués de Riscal Reserva 2012: 93 points in the awards GUÍA DE VINOS ABC 2018
- Marqués de Riscal Reserva 2012: Silver Medal at the CINVE 2017 awards
- Marqués de Riscal Reserva 2012: 93 points from James Suckling
- Parenting Time
5 other products in the same category:
In Marqués de Riscal, there were cellar wines, within its Historical Reserve, such as the Medoc Reserve and the XR without becoming commercial names. In the style of Jerez foremen, the winemaker marked some of his barrels with a chalk with the word XR, having found some special characteristics that were not found in others.
In the elaboration of the great reserves, Riscal uses grapes from old vines of more than 80 years, from own productions or acquired from fixed local winegrowers. Marqués de Riscal Gran Reserva is undoubtedly one of the great wines of the DO Rioja.
This Reserva de Rioja is a good representative of the profile of Remelluri wines, the estate that Jaime Rodríguez Salís acquired in 1967 and that had previously exploited the Jeronimos of the monastery of Our Lady of Toloño, in the rich region of Labastida de la Rioja Alavesa . This winery is currently a classic in La Rioja because of the regularity of its wines. This is demonstrated by this red fruit rich and spicy expression and mature and elegant profile.
Viticulture and handicraft come together to give rise to this daring wine, which comes from a careful manual selection of strains of very low production located in the Payment El Rincón. A wine ‘handmade’, limited edition, faithful reflection of the homeland from which it comes.