Case of 2 Bottles Marqués de Riscal Reserva
The Marqués de Riscal Reserves are basically made from grapes from Tempranillo variety vines planted before the 1970s, located in the best calcareous clay soils of the Rioja Alavesa.
The Marqués de Riscal Reserves are basically made from grapes from Tempranillo variety vines planted before the 1970s, located in the best calcareous clay soils of the Rioja Alavesa. This variety supports aging in wood and aging in the bottle well thanks to its good acid balance and its fine tannicity. The Graciano and Mazuelo varieties, whose percentage in the mixture does not exceed 10%, provide freshness and liveliness of color. Fermentation takes place at a controlled temperature of 26ºC with a maceration time that does not exceed 12 days. The Riscal reserves remain for approximately two years in American oak barrels, configuring a wine that falls within the canons of Riojan classicism, fresh, fine, elegant and with great aging potential. Before going to the market, it has a minimum period of refinement in the bottle of one year.
Fairly covered cherry-colored wine. Balsamic and spicy aroma of great complexity, with notes of ripe black fruit and lightly toasted. In the mouth it has good structure, it is tasty, dense and with round and elegant tannins. The finish is long and fresh, with a slight hint of oak wood
- Grape Variety: Tempranillo / Graciano
- Harmony: This wine pairs well with ham, not very mature cheeses, stews with not very spicy sauces, cooked or stewed vegetables, poultry, red meat, grilled meats and roasts.
- Serving temperature: between 16º and 18ºC
- Marqués de Riscal Reserva 2015: Asia Wine Awards 2015
- Marqués de Riscal Reserva 2014: 93 points at the TIM ATKIN 2018 Awards
- Marqués de Riscal Reserva 2013: 94 points in the 2018 GOURMETS WINE GUIDE awards
- Marqués de Riscal Reserva 2013: 88 points in the 2018 ANUARIO DE VINOS EL PAÍS awards
- Marqués de Riscal Reserva 2013: Gold medal at the MUNDUS VINI awards
- Marqués de Riscal Reserva 2012: 93 points in the awards GUÍA DE VINOS ABC 2018
- Marqués de Riscal Reserva 2012: Silver Medal at the CINVE 2017 awards
- Marqués de Riscal Reserva 2012: 93 points from James Suckling
No customer reviews for the moment.