Case of 2 Bottles of Marqués de Riscal XR Reserva
In Marqués de Riscal, there were cellar wines, within its Historical Reserve, such as the Medoc Reserve and the XR without becoming commercial names. In the style of Jerez foremen, the winemaker marked some of his barrels with a chalk with the word XR, having found some special characteristics that were not found in others.
This XR was never commercialized, but it was always a reference for the master winemaker. This custom lasted almost a century, between the harvests of 1869 and 1964. The XR 2015, its first vintage, is a tribute to all the winery masters who, from Jean Pineau to the present day, have contributed to forging a part of the best history of Spanish wine in Marqués de Riscal.
Deeply covered cherry color wine, intense and with hardly any signs of evolution. On the nose it is very expressive with notes of licorice, cinnamon and black pepper, where the long aging in wood is barely noticeable, thanks to its great complexity and concentration of ripe fruit. The palate is fresh, with very pleasant polished tannins, with a good structure but easy to drink. The finish is long and leaves some balsamic memories of high quality.
- Graduation: 14.2
- Grape variety: Tempranillo 95% and Graciano 5%
- Total acidity: 3.5
- PH: 3.68
- IP: 60
- Barrel aging: 24 months
- Service temperature: Between 16º and 18ºC.
- Harmony: This wine pairs well with ham, not very mature cheeses, stews with not very spicy sauces, cooked or stewed vegetables, poultry, red meat, grilled meats and roasts.
- Flavor: Toasted, Balsamic, Spicy
- Pairing: Meats, Stews, Poultry, Ham
- Feeling: Elegant
- Experience / Category: Gift, Classic, Lunch, Dinner
- Parenting Time