Case of 3 Bottles of Marqués de Riscal Sauvignon Blanc Organic 2019
A white wine DO Rueda de Marqués de Riscal 100% Sauvignon. The Marqués de Riscan Sauvignon Blanc Organic is the perfect wine for pasta and fish
The French variety Sauvignon Blanc, with which Marqués de Riscal makes this monovarietal, has its origin in the Loire region. It was introduced by Marqués de Riscal in Rueda in 1974 and today the winery has 70 hectares of vineyards owned with an average age of more than 25 years. It is currently part of the varieties authorized by the Rueda Designation of Origin thanks to its great adaptability to the environment and its ability to produce white wines of great aromatic intensity, good acid balance and minerality.
The 2019 harvest was characterized by moderate rainfall from October to April of 220 liters / m 2 and practically non-existent rains from mid-May to the end of August. In the days before and during the harvest, 44 liters / m 2 were collected, registering a total of 290 liters / m 2 throughout the year. The severe drought in the flowering-veraison period and, to a lesser extent, the low temperatures during fruit set have been responsible for the decrease in berry size and yield. The average temperature of the vegetative cycle is comparable to that of recent years, with July being slightly warmer than normal, bringing the harvest date forward by a few days.
- Best innovative product in organic beverages, awarded by the Eco & Organics Awards Iberia 2019.
- Marqués de Riscal Sauvignon Blanc 2014: Silver Medal at the CINVE Awards
- Marqués de Riscal Sauvignon Blanc 2014: Recommended by Decanter Asia Wine Awards 2015
- Marqués de Riscal Sauvignon Blanc 2013: Bronze Medal at the Decanter Awards 2014
- Marqués de Riscal Sauvignon Blanc 2013: Bacchus de Oro
- Graduation: 13.5º
- Grape variety: 100% Sauvignon.
- Total acidity: 6.15 g / l
- PH: 3.15
- Sugars: less than 2g / l
- Service temperature: Between 8º and 10ºC
- Family: White
- Flavor: Fruity, Herbs
- Pairing: Pasta, Fish
- Feel: Fresh
- Experience / Category: Aperitif, Food